Summary of notes, tasks and ‘homework’ from 1st meeting on 10 May
- Questions to consider
- What sound gestures can have a dramatic role?
- What limitations can be overcome by thinking of representation?
- Why is this an interesting idea?
- The applications are important but don’t let them take centre stage
- How can I use the element of ‘repeatability’ of a fixed medium to my favour?
- Look up literature around relevant genres (Schaeffer)
- Pick a text to use. Think of length. How many characters? Consider pace.
- Listen to Sound Poetry
- Think of elements of speech (phonemes, words, phrases) and how to mimic sonically
- Build a library of gestural sounds that have a narrative function
- Create short sound sketches – maybe around a short anecdote. Quick question & rough, even using external sounds, to give me an idea.